Designed for portability. At 27.5" fully collapsed with the plastic covering on the SteelShad Telescoping Spinning Rod, this combo kit can be stored in a vehicle, bike or boat for easy access. The Telescoping Rod Combo Kit comes with everything needed to land smallmouth bass, striper, walleye, largemouth bass, crappie and more during the next fishing trip.
This Telescoping Spinning Rod Combo Kit comes with the SteelShad 240 Telescoping Spinning Rod, a SteelShad 3000 Series High Performance Spinning Reel, SteelShad Kimura Jim Root Signature 10lb Monofilament Line, SteelShad Microfiber Fishing Towel and two SteelShad Fishing Lures.
- Stow and Go! From 26" (fully collapsed) to 8' 2" (fully extended) in a matter of seconds this medium-heavy power, moderate action carbon fiber rod weighing in at 10 oz. can swing long, accurate casts and is ready for anything. Friction holds the blanks in place, no locking mechanisms to fiddle around with. The telescoping rod has 5 aluminum guides and a hollow handle with butt cap that can be removed to store small gear like sinkers, hooks and lures.
- The 3000 Series Spinning reel has 5.2:1 ball bearings, a space saving folding handle, an anti-corrosion aluminum line spool, a front drag system, interchangeable retrieve and an anti-reverse switch. This reel is super smooth, easy to use and durable for any type of freshwater fishing.
- Included in the 2 piece spinning combo kit is 200 yards of 10lb. monofilament fishing line, a fishing towel and two fishing lures. The Original SteelShad® 3/8 oz. blade bait in Red (Crawfish) is 2 3/4 inches long, made from durable stainless steel with a molded lead weight, and features two #6 VMC Permasteel hooks that are coated for both fresh and salt water fishing. The SteelShad® Elite Series 3/8 oz. lead free blade bait in Yellow Shad is 2 3/4 inches long, made from durable stainless steel with a molded tin weight, and features two #8 VMC Black Nickle hooks and line clip. SteelShad's throbbing, intense vibration and flashy color is a winning combination to make fish bite it! Malleable stainless steel and multiple line clip / split ring positions offers anglers ways to make the lures swim frantically shallow or deep.
All the basics for beginners plus some extras any angler can appreciate.
Start your favorite angler, or yourself, off with a kit that catches all game fish. A perfect gift any time of year!
Telescoping Rod Combo includes (1) each:
SteelShad 240 Telescoping Rod
SteelShad 3000 Series Spinning Reel
200 yards of Kimura 10lb. Monofilament fishing line
SteelShad Original Fishing Lure in Red/ Crawfish 3/8 oz.
SteelShad Elite (lead free) Fishing Lure in Yellow Shad 3/8 oz.
SteelShad Microfiber Fishing Towel
Telescoping Rod Tips
- Store rod collapsed.
- Remove debris, salt, sand and dirt that remain in between individual blanks. Rinse the entire rod with fresh water and let it dry before collapsing.
- Friction holds rod extended. Avoid applying spray lubricants or oils to prevent accidental collapse.
3000 Series Spinning Reel Tips
- Make sure the folding handle is extended during use. You should hear it click into place. Press button in, to fold handle back in for storage purposes.
- Hand- tighten the reel handle tightener/loosner knob before use and especially after any adjustments. Regular use of the reel will cause a bit of normal loosening over time. Like a bike with gears- a quick hand-tighten of major parts before use should happen every so often.
- Transport carefully. The bail will stick out farther than the collapsed handle. The less banged-up the reel is the longer it will last.
- General Maintenance - To prevent long term rusting or corrosion, get water and/or grit out of the reel after each use. Remove the reel from the rod and tighten the drag. Wipe down exterior. Use low pressure water to rinse any build-up. Dry reel thoroughly. Loosen drag. There is not a single right way to occasionally deep clean and lubricate- clean all interior parts, grease the gears, clean and oil bearings. It can be an in-depth process and should be handled carefully.
- Replacement reel parts are not available through us. Please be cautious if you decide to take it apart- there are many small pieces that, if you loose or break, we do not sell separately.
- Store reels with drags loosened.
|WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead and lead compounds, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov|
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
SteelShad 240 Telescoping Rod Basics 2- Spooling Spinning Reel
Getting line onto the SteelShad 3000 Series Spinning Reel atta...
SteelShad 240 Telescoping Rod Basics 3- Tying on a SteelShad Lure
After the 3000 Series Spinning Reel is secured into the reel s...
SteelShad 240 Telescoping Rod Basics 1- Attaching Reel to Rod
Attaching the SteelShad 3000 Series Spinning Reel to the Steel...