SteelShad 240 Telescoping Rod
The SteelShad 240 Telescoping Rod is a light weight, compact alternative to carrying a full size one piece rod when traveling. The 240 Telescoping Rod is a collapsible, medium action rod great for long casts. It is good for both fresh and salt water fishing. Use up to 15 lb. test line when pairing this rod with The SteelShad 3000 Series Spinning Reel (including Monofilament, Fluorocarbon or Braided Line). Friction holds the blanks into position when extended, there is no locking mechanism. The rod handle is hollow, the butt cap can be removed so that the handle area can be used as storage for small gear such as sinkers, hooks and lures.
- Fully Extended - 8'2" (249 cm)
- Collapsed Length - 27.5"
- Collapsed Length without plastic covering to hold into closed position - 26"
- Rod Blank Material - Carbon Fiber
- Guide Material - Aluminum
- Guides including tip - 5
- Hook Keeper - No
- Line Rating - 10-15 lb. test line
- Rod Weight - 10 oz.
- Rod Power - Medium-Heavy
- Rod Action / Taper - Moderate
- Rod Color - Black, Blue, Silver
- Store rod collapsed.
- Remove debris, salt, sand and dirt that remain in between individual blanks. Rinse the entire rod with fresh water and let it dry before collapsing.
- Friction holds rod extended. Avoid applying spray lubricants or oils to prevent accidental collapse.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
SteelShad 240 Telescoping Rod Basics 1- Attaching Reel to Rod
Attaching the SteelShad 3000 Series Spinning Reel to the Steel...
SteelShad 240 Telescoping Rod Basics 2- Spooling Spinning Reel
Getting line onto the SteelShad 3000 Series Spinning Reel atta...
SteelShad 240 Telescoping Rod Basics 3- Tying on a SteelShad Lure
After the 3000 Series Spinning Reel is secured into the reel s...