3000 Series Spinning Reel
The SteelShad 3000 Series Spinning reel is a durable, super smooth spinning reel perfect for any type of freshwater fishing. The reel features a space saving folding handle for storage, an anti-corrosion aluminum line spool, front drag system and anti-reverse switch. The soft rubber end of the reel handle provides good grip and comfort. All the basics for beginners plus some extras any angler can appreciate. This spinning reel is versatile, can handle different types of lines and cast out a variety of different sized lures with ease. This spool will hold 120 yards of 10 lb. Monofilament fishing line but overall max spool capacity is also influenced by line diameter.
- 5.2:1 Ball Bearings
- Super Drive Gear
- Space Saving Folding Handle
- Drag Adjuster - Front
- Reel Weight - 8.9 oz.
- Line Spool Material - Aluminum
- End of Handle Material - Soft Rubber
- Retrieve - Interchangeable. Left or Right
- Line Capacity - 120 yards/10lb Mono
- Reel Color - Silver with blue accents
- Make sure the folding handle is extended during use. You should hear it click into place. Press button in, to fold handle back in for storage purposes.
- Hand- tighten the reel handle tightener/loosner knob before use and especially after any adjustments. Regular use of the reel will cause a bit of normal loosening over time. Like a bike with gears- a quick hand-tighten of major parts before use should happen every so often.
- Transport carefully. The bail will stick out farther than the collapsed handle. The less banged-up the reel is the longer it will last.
- General Maintenance - To prevent long term rusting or corrosion, get water and/or grit out of the reel after each use. Remove the reel from the rod and tighten the drag. Wipe down exterior. Use low pressure water to rinse any build-up. Dry reel thoroughly. Loosen drag. There is not a single right way to occasionally deep clean and lubricate- clean all interior parts, grease the gears, clean and oil bearings. It can be an in-depth process and should be handled carefully.
- Replacement reel parts are not available through us. Please be cautious if you decide to take it apart- there are many small pieces that, if you loose or break, we do not sell separately.
- Store reels with drags loosened.
|WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead and lead compounds, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov|
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
SteelShad Fishing Kit Basics 1 - Attaching Reel to Rod
Attaching the SteelShad 3000 Series Spinning Reel to the Steel...
SteelShad Fishing Kit Basics 2 - Spooling Spinning Reel
Getting line onto the SteelShad 3000 Series Spinning Reel atta...
SteelShad Fishing Kit Basics 3 - Tying on a SteelShad Lure
After the SteelShad 3000 Series Spinning Reel is secured to ei...